Does your pet need some guidance?
At Whitewater Veterinary Hospital, we know the importance of not only having a healthy pet, but a well behaved one too!
- Over-The-Phone Behavior Consultation
- Cat Behavior Assistance
- Puppy and Obedience Class Recommendations
- Puppy Classes
Puppy classes are offered through K-9 Hair Care in downtown Whitewater.
These classes focus on socialization with other pups and new people. The class is for puppies 8 weeks of age to 6 months of age. Puppies learn basic commands, but the most important thing they learn in this class is how to interact with other people and pets.
Classes are one hour, once a week, and run for seven weeks. Puppies must be up-to-date on DHPP or DHLPP (Distemper), be dewormed, and have their Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccine. You can pre-register by calling K-9 Hair Care at (262) 473 - 4949.
- Obedience Classes
Obedience classes are also offered through K9 Hair Care in downtown Whitewater.
This class is the perfect choice for dogs needing to learn good behaviors, or dogs needing to learn to stop bad behaviors. This class is recommended for puppies over 6 months and dogs of any age. The dogs learn basic commands and how to take direction from their owner. It's also a great way to socialize adult dogs and give them more face time with new people and other dogs. Classes are formed as needed, so if you are interested in enrolling your dog, please inquire by calling K-9 Hair Care at (262) 473 - 4949.
- Cat Behavior
Cats having litterbox problems, fear, aggression, or other issues can benefit from a behavior consultation. We want our feline friends to be just as happy as our canine companions, so if you're having an issue with your cat's behavior please don't hesitate to call.
Below are some behavior resource recommendations for clients:
- The Indoor Pet Initiative - http://indoorpet.osu.edu/
- Rover Rehab in Edgerton, WI - John Lawrence - http://www.RoverRehabWI.com
- Blue Dog Training in Madison, WI - Sarah Kalnajs - http://www.bluedogtraining.com/aboutSarah.html
- Dr. Sophia Yin, Animal Behaviorist - http://drsophiayin.com/
- Karen Pryor's Clicker Training - http://www.clickertraining.com/